At Arvada Family and Cosmetic Dentistry the health and safety of our patients, team members, their families and the community in general has always been paramount. And that remains the same throughout this COVID-19 pandemic because of the hazards of COVID-19, starting back in March of 2020 we implemented a number of additional protocols and added equipment as well as higher levels of PPE (personal protective equipment) to ensure everyone’s ongoing safety.
As with any disease the best treatment is prevention of transmission, and with that in mind we are asking all team members and patients and anyone else who plans to enter our facility to call before entering so that we can review a few questions in order to screen for illness before you enter. Please be prepared to answer the following questions before coming in:
- Have you felt ill, had fever, sore throat, body aches, flu like symptoms, cough or headaches in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has experienced any of the above symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with tested and are awaiting test results for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you recently traveled to a designated COVID-19 “hot spot”
Due the importance we put on everybody’s safety we ask that everyone be honest when answering these questions and if there is any “yes” response to these questions we will delay your visit either by 14 days or until you have received a negative COVID-19 test.
In the office the following infection control measures are being taken to ensure that we comply with and exceed the recommendations put forth by OSHA, the CDC, American Dental Association and the ordinances of the Colorado State Department of Public Health:
- All of our usual sterilization and disinfection protocols in the clinical areas as well as hospital level disinfection protocols in the non-clinical areas of our facility.
- Increased use of isolation gowns, surgical caps, faceshields (what used to be only for highly invasive surgery is now used for every visit that has the potential to create aerosols to prevent transmission to our team.
- Use of N95 and/or KN95 respirators during any procedure which may produce aerosols.
- Special aerosol capturing equipment used during procedures that are likely to generate aerosols.
- Mask wearing at all times for everyone in the office except for the patient during active dental treatment in the dental operatory.
- Social distancing for patients and delivery persons.
- Virtual reception area, i.e. please call us from your vehicle in the parking lot and we will invite you into the reception area when we are certain that we will not violate social distance protocols and your treatment room is ready for you to be brought in.
- Social distancing for team members while eating on lunch breaks.
- We always have and always will enforce frequent handwashing for our team, however we now also have signage reminding visitors to use proper hand hygiene and dispense hand sanitizer upon entrance.
- Screening of all who enter the facility for fever with no touch thermometer.
Since this pandemic started our practice has seen over 3100 patient visits and not a single case of COVID-19 transmission has occurred in our facility. This zero infection rate is dependent on all of us cooperating for the benefit of everyone’s safety. Please let us know if you have any reason to suspect you may be COVID-19 positive, or if you are unable for any reason to comply with our safety protocols, and we will gladly reschedule your visit for a time at which we can be sure to maintain everyone’s health.
Stay Safe and Be Well!
David A. Zeitlin, DDS and your Team at AFC Dentistry